Monday, November 08, 2004

Poker Entry No. 4

November 6, 2004
Players: 23
Entry Fee: $25
Rebuys: N/A
Place: 4
Winnings: $0

This poker night was the 1st Annual Getting Kicked In The Junk By Pocket Aces Tournament. I did very well, 4th to be exact, but didn't win any money. I really didn't make any mistakes either. I got pocket Q's once and Danny went all in with pocket 4's. He caught a 4 and this put me on a short stack for the rest of the tournament, however still finished 4th.
I did make one impressive call on a guy named Ben. I had pocket K's and raised pre-flop. Ben called. The flop was A-J-low card. I bet and he called. The turn was a J. We both checked. The last card was an A. I had two pair, but an A or J beat me. I checked and he bet a significant amount, about $4,000. I thought about what he would have, probably an A or J. I started to say "I fold," and I had my cards ready to throw into the middle when I noticed he cracked a small grin. Immediately I said call and he did not look pleased. He flipped over Q-10. I won with my higher two pair.
Other than these hands, no other was too great to remember. I played very well, but the Q's against the 4's hand hurt a lot and cost me being in the money. It was a fun tournament and I am proud of myself for the way I played in it, despite not winning any money.

No comments: