Friday, November 12, 2004

A Slight Contradiction

It has been announced today Michael Moore will be filming a sequel to Fahrenheit 9/11. He is quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety as saying:

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them. They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

Considering it has been proven Moore changed certain details and altered newpaper headings for the first documentary, which won top honors at May's Cannes Film Festival and is being pushed for a nomination in the best film category for the upcoming Academy Awards, this is a slight misconstrued statement. Wouldn't making another film filled with lies about the war in Iraq and Bush's presidency be misinforming the American people? I would think so, but what do I know of politics. I don't even vote.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Make sure you capitalize questions. I thought you were a journalism major? Didn't they teach you grammar?

Anonymous said...

Also, can you even comment on political issues, seeing as you didn't vote? Hmm...think on that one.

Love ya (platonically, of course)your favorite teacher & fellow thespian,

JR

Matt said...

Since this is also movie news, I get to comment on the issues. However, thanks for the input. I will talk to you tonight. By the way, I have the skit ready for this Sunday.

Anonymous said...

OH, are you the movie expert? Hmph.

I am so proud that the skit is done! hahahaha

JR