Thursday, November 04, 2004

Small Town America

As some of you may know already, I love the road trip. I think it is one of the greatest things to do on a sunny afternoon. Get in the car and go somewhere you have never been before. It's an invigorating feeling. Roll the windows down, get a bag of sunflower seeds, put in some Pete Yorn (that was for you James) and let the good times roll.
I have made many great road trips in my lifetime. I enjoy seeing America and wish to see more of it before I die. A good road trip was driving my new (I use that term loosely) car back from California with my Dad. Another great one was going to Las Vegas for the 1st Annual Getting Kicked In The Junk By Vegas road trip. Yeah, that was a good one.
Well, I have come upon a new venture I would like to embark on. I will need some feedback from you, the reader, though. What I would like to do is find a tiny town in America, one that would remind you of Mayberry. I don't want any corporation or big business to have defiled the city limits of our quaint village. It should be filled with Mom and Pop stores. I wish to travel to this city and live there for at least one week. I want to experience small town America for seven days or more.
When I arrive in my new settlement, I want it to take about 13 minutes for every resident to know a stranger is in town. If you know of any city with this type of description, please let me know. I don't mind if it is far away. I am willing to make the road trip. That's half the adventure. Please respond with some sort of city I can look into. Actually, if I can't find a website about the city because it is so small, that might be better. Let me know what you think.

No comments: