Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Trying To Live Out A Dream Can Really Hurt

Saturday night after the tournament James, Clint, Chad, Danny and I went to IHOP to celebrate the victories of our poker group. Four of us made the final table and three of us were in the top four. On our way home we were stopped by a passing train. I have a longing to jump on a train and ride it anywhere. This goal was going to be fulfilled that night.
Or maybe not. Instead, after several tries of running next to the speeding locamotive, I fell on the rocks that make up the incline to the railroad tracks and busted my other hip and leg. That's right. I will now have matching scars on both hips. One from falling out of a moving truck and one from falling down trying to hitch a ride on a train.
After falling on my face...again, I went home doctored myself up, with the advice from my nurse from the last time I fell on pavement at a high velocity, and went to bed with an incessant pain in my shoulder.
The sad thing is the train slowed down more after I fell on the ground. If I hadn't hurt myself, I could have easily made it on the train then. Oh well, I will have to try again some other day when I am fully healed and prepared for the journey down hobo lane.

No comments: