Monday, January 10, 2005

Certain Modifications Need To Be Made To The Harley Davidson Motorcycle

While driving home the other night after dropping a friend off at her house, I pulled up to Fielder to make a right hand turn. I did not come to a complete stop however and fully check for any oncoming cars. I did more of what you would call a yield. Well, as I was rolling onto Fielder, all of a sudden I heard a quick and high pitched "beep." Without hesitation I applied the brakes and turned to see what had made the feeble noise. To my surprise, it wasn't a Dodge Neon or a Volkswagen Bug. It was a Harley Davidson motorcycle with leather-clad, handlebar mustache rider in tow.
I couldn't believe the mother of all motorcycles was manufactured with a horn that had the sound of a gazelle going through puberty. I was also disheartened by the poor lighting on the hog. I couldn't see the motorcycle when I pulled up to make my right turn. Although the necessity of a pitiful honk was my fault, it could have been avoided had Harley and Davidson put a higher watt bulb in the headlight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know what a gazelle going through heat sounds like. I do not recall any recent safaries that you have been on?

Matt said...

In the summer of '86 I was lost in the outback of Australia and only survived by hunting dingo and gazelle.

Anonymous said...

Summer of 86 huh, and so was this the latter part of the summer or beginning because you were either five or six during this escapade.

Matt said...

I was a mature six thank you very much. I could skin my own lion. I didn't need my daddy to help me.

Anonymous said...

That was the summer Matt and I joined the peace core. Next thing you know we were lost in Australia. It was the stangest thing. Matt don’t you still have 3 Aborigine wives over there.

Anonymous said...

wait, did you join the peace core or the peace corps?

Matt said...

One might think Chip misspelled peace corps, however it is not a typo. We were in the peace core, or center of peace group. It is a lesser known foundation which believes the only way to true peace is through being at the core of peace. Deep isn't it.
I joined at the young age of five and met Chip, who was 15, through this organization. We have been the best of friends since, although our views of world peace have changed. I still believe in the peace core while he has diverted his efforts into killing off the Indians. He feels they are the root of all evil.

Anonymous said...

Well first of all it was the peace core that’s were everything went wrong. If we had joined the peace corps our Australia adventure might have never happened.

Second those Aborigines deserve to die, 6 months of eating nothing but caterpillars and having kangaroo dropping constantly rubbed on my forehead really pissed me off!!

And the Indians over here, sitting back in their fancy adobes, selling us over priced fireworks and knock off jewelry. Id like to wipe the smug look off their faces with some blankets covered with the small pox virus.