Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A Profitable Trip

A new year is here and my cousin Clint and I are starting a new thing. We have decided to keep a ledger of our poker playing. It is something we should have been doing for a long time now, but it hasn't gone into effect until now. With the coming of 2005 we have started keeping tabs on how much we win or lose, what style of play we are trying, if it works for the type of game we are playing and how we are finishing in tournaments and cash games.
For the past two days I have been in Shreveport and I did quite well for myself. I sat down the first night with $110 and after losing that and rebuying for another $100 I left with $384. I grinded it out for seven hours to make $24 an hour.
The next day was a bit better. I sat down with $120 and after 20 minutes of a crazy rush of cards, I was over $400. If I wouldn't have had to sit around for 3 1/2 hours and a seat hadn't opened up next to Clint, I would have gotten up. I ended up with $500. In four hours, I earned $95 an hour. What other jobs can you earn $95 as an hourly wage. Of course, this is also an occupation you can come home with less money than when you left the house that morning.
I earned enough to put away some in savings and pay off a credit card. I had a good time and Clint and I had some good laughs. Another good road trip was had and next time I want Chad and James there so I don't have to hear them whine about how they didn't have any fun while we were gone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i had lots of fun. i did some vacuuming. some organizing. i drove around for a while. you hear me? LOTS of fun.

Anonymous said...

as did i, lots of fun. i fixed a vacuum. cleaned the garage. there was a "saved by the bell" marathon,
oh that crazy Screech. you hear us?
LOTS of fun.

hey i had lots of fun. i did some vacuuming. some organizing. i drove around for a while. you hear me? LOTS of fun.

Matt said...

I'm sorry guys. Maybe I underestimated the value of your fun level. I apologize and next time we go to Shreveport I guess I won't invite you so I don't intrude on your idea of fun.

Anonymous said...

maybe we won't invite you, BITCH!

Anonymous said...

You guys have no room to talk.. I was not even mentioned in the "uninvited". I would love to go to Shreveyport again...

Matt said...

Earmuffs, as of now you are invited to the next Shreveport trip. We will let you know when it is.

Anonymous said...

Hey don't forget the protector.