Tuesday, January 11, 2005

TOC Update

Tonight will be the second installment of the Tournament of Champions and with Chad taking an early lead things will be interesting. However, there is sad news in the poker world. Because of the bye system and the number of contestants we have, I may be forced to use my bye tonight. It is sad, I know. I will be on the sidelines while the Clints try to force a rally from a disappointing opening. Danny will have his eyes on the prize this week after being knocked out in a matter of moments of heads up action. While I sit at three points, when everyone thought I would be sixth with the chip stack I had, I will be forced to be a spectator tonight and wonder how things might have gone had I been in the mix.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why would you not play tonight? from what i hear, we're playing at your house?

Matt said...

For the reasons that we can't have less than eight people and everyone has already said they will be there, I will most likely take my bye tonight to get it out of the way. I would greatly appreciate it if I'm not playing then not playing at my house, however if this must be done, then I will find a bowling alley or something. Just kidding. I will probably finish putting in my cup holders on my table. It has three in right now and it looks great. I can't wait until it is done.

Anonymous said...

what about the prospect of drawing cards to see who sits out? you don't want to sit out this early.