Monday, August 01, 2005

I Want To Rock And Roll All Night And Practice Sorcery Everyday

It is amazing what you can find by clicking on the name of a person who left a comment on your blog. I was directed to a girl named Anna who is 18 and will be going off to college soon. Her favorite books include Animal Farm, Jane Eyre and the Communist Manifesto.
While looking through all of this I found an up-and-coming band who is touring the United States right now. I am not lucky enough to live in a city stop for this rocking band, but I can take a road trip.
The brotherly duo, riding the coattails of teenage popularity known as Harry Potter, came together in 2002 as an idea that the Harry Potter of Year 7 and the Harry Potter of Year 4 joined forces and no one can stop the wizard rock. Harry and the Potters stars Paul DeGeorge as Harry Year 7 and Joe DeGeorge as Harry Year 4.
This is their story: Joe was planning to have a rock show in the shed in the backyard. People had been invited, but then all the bands cancelled. So that morning, the time was finally appropriate to bust out an idea that had been incubating in Paul's head for some time: Harry and the Potters. That morning, over the course of an hour, Paul and Joe wrote seven songs. Then, they went out to the shed and practiced them for half an hour. Later in the day, they performed them for a crowd of six. It was awesome. The place went nuts (as nuts as six people can get).
I have e-mailed them to find out when they will be coming into Dallas. When I know, you will know. Until then, visit their website at www.eskimolabs.com/hp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, were would the world be if not for dorks. Lord Jesus please protect me from any spells which might be cast on me for calling these dorks, dorks. Amen

MS

Anonymous said...

You were right in telling me to check this out for a laugh! Oh by the way the sopapillas said hi. That is right I just had the goodness that is Cha Cha's.

poke said...

wow...7 songs written in one hour, then practiced for a whole half hour.
they must be like prodigies or something. or a punk band. i on the other hand have devoted 30 years to playing the same 3 chords over and over and i still cant remember the order they go in. i really wish i hadnt destroyed my short term memory doing something.