Wednesday, August 17, 2005

TOC II Night 5

Here is the great thing about a 45-minute drive home after you suck at cards: it gives you time to consider what your possibilities are.
After lots of thought and much profanity for only me and Coldplay to hear I have decided to quit this f'ing game. I can't take it. I didn't think I was this bad so one of two things is true. I either suck at poker or I am past my prime and it is just not meant to be for me to be a card player.
I used to be good, but those days are over. I am no longer the best and I will never be the best again, not that I ever was. I might have had a week in there that I was considered the best of our group, but no more.
I will finish out my commitment in the TOC and I will play in the tournament at WinStar, not that it will do any good to play at either, and then it is adios Texas Hold'em. I'm done.
I also have one more ammendum to this rant. I refuse to talk poker anymore. This will make many, especially wives and girlfriends, happy because they get bored of us talking poker constantly. If you call me to talk about poker, I will hang up. If I am face to face and you bring up poker, I will walk away. If you are in the car and you utter the terms flop, turn, river, nuts or any other poker related vocabulary word, I will stop the car, pull you out, put you underneath a tire and then peel out on your face. I'm not kidding.
Here are the standings from last night:
1st - Don't Care - 0 points
2nd - Don't Care - 4 points
3rd - Don't Care - 8 points
4th - Don't Care - 12 points
5th - Don't Care - 15 points
6th - Still Don't Care - 18 points
7th - Don't Care - 20 points
8th - Don't Care - 22 points
9th - Matt (aka The Quiter) - 24 points
10th - Brent - 25 points

Overall scores:
1st - Not Me - ? points
2nd - Not Me - ? points
3rd - Not Me - ? points
4th - Still Not Me - ? points
5th - Not Me - ? points
6th - Not Me - ? points
7th - Not Me - ? points
8th - Probably Not Me - ? points
9th - Matt - 98 points
10th - Brent - 100 points

P.S. You might think this is me just ranting and raving, but I am actually much calmer than I was about fifteen minutes ago and I'm a thousand times calmer than thirty minutes ago. This is not a rash decision. I am going out on a low point.

1 comment:

Micah said...

Aww...that actually makes me sad. :-( I'm sorry Matt.