Sunday, August 21, 2005

No Poker This Weekend And I Still Had Fun

There is life outside of poker. I found that out this weekend. Went all three days without playing any card games for money. Actually that isn't entirely true.
Friday night I ate dinner with Cassidy, Chad and Randy at Cracker Barrell. Our waiter was on the work release program through the Texas Department of Corrections. He was creepy, a bad waiter and not very smart. He left part of his tip on the table while we were eating and I pocketed the, what I thought was a quarter, dollar coin with every intention of giving it back with my tip. This would make me look very generous and the previous patrons would be remembered as cheapskates.
After a dinner we went to Chad's house and played Phase Ten. Although Cassidy was last, by a lot of points and phases, and I was next to last halfway through the game, she came back to win it and I got second because of points. Who cares who got third or fourth. Those places were reserved for the losers.
During the card game Chad told stories, which led us to watch a tape of some practical jokes we had pulled on each other. They were really funny and it made me remember the good days of college.
Saturday was filled with lunch with my mom at J. Gilligan's, another game of Phase Ten (this time ten cents a point) between Chad, Randy, Jesse and myself, dinner at Ton's with the four of us after watching the end of Garfield, only because I had to know what happened. I understand the movie sucked, but once I saw Jennifer Love Hewitt once and that Odie was missing, I was hooked. The four of us then went to Putt-Putt where I only lost five dollars to Chad, after being down nine from the first game. I only lost it about three times, the other times I simply bottled the anger within. Randy left after the golf game and then the three boys decided to kick Time Crisis 3 in the junk. $35 dollars later Time Crisis 3 was on the floor wincing in pain from the ass kicking we gave it.
Sunday was my Sabbath. I slept in and then joined my family at Campo Verde for lunch. Tonight I will be eating dinner with my mom and maybe Chad and Randy and then heading back to Ennis.
See, no Texas Hold'em. Except online on Saturday. I was practicing multi-table tournaments and entered into a re-buy tournament by mistake. I used the re-buy option five times and did take advantage of the add-on. With 1,270 entries, 2,700 rebuys and over 500 add-ons, I got 373. No money for that.

3 comments:

Matt said...

The one in south Arlington.

james said...

matt, you know my address, too, right? send me $5, as well. thanks.

Micah said...

Ha ha. Way to go Amy. But if he won't update for his husband, who will he update for?