Friday, August 26, 2005

A Major Event

WinStar’s Red River Roundup begins tomorrow afternoon. I am shooting to arrive around noon, which is when registration begins. The tournament isn’t supposed to start until 2 o’clock though. This will give me enough time to prepare for whatever the style of the tournament is. I believe it will be a multi-table, two-day event with the final table being played on the second day. If all goes well, then I should be staying at the WinStar tonight.
Advertisements boast two boots full of $150,000 and two bracelets, one gold and one diamond, going to the winner of each tournament, one being for poker and one being in blackjack. I would choose the diamond if I get the option. That’s just me though.
I have to work tomorrow at 9 a.m., but hopefully I will be done in about an hour so I can go through Arlington, pick up the boys and finish the trip out on I-35W. Tonight will be a peaceful night of concentration, relaxation, Turner Classic Movies and poker reading. I want to get in the right state of mind. If any of my friends call and piss me off I will not be a happy camper. That is just a warning to anyone who might try to screw with me this evening.
Wish me luck tomorrow and look for an update on this thing either Sunday morning or Sunday night. If it is Sunday morning then you can probably be sure that I didn’t make it to the final table. I hope to win this thing not for the money, although that would be grand (get it, grand, as in money), but to go to Las Vegas for the Doyle Brunson North American Classic in October. I would really look forward to playing against some world-class poker pros.
Until next time…

No comments: